People share memories and stories about the park and its connection to their lives and neighborhood.
Stories then help designers understand the park and community in a personal way.
People write their experiences on pre-designed "Park Story" sheets or record their stories with a group member serving as interviewer.
A how-to sheet to create your own!
More Reasons We Like This Tool
- Vividly captures a designer’s imagination, leading to more community-specific plans.
- Collects anecdotes and park experiences that may be overlooked with objective input-gathering tools.
- Gets at the heart of what makes a park unique and how it serves the community.
- Offers a relaxed and less structured way to get people talking about what they want for the park.
- Lets young people serve as interviewers for older park users, ensuring all ages are involved and feel heard.
- Provides quotes and anecdotes, not only for the visioning report but also for press materials, to convey the capital project's human-interest side.
Download a Park Stories Release and Consent Form.
See a Park Stories Sign-Up Sheet.